The Hurricanes have suffered a tough loss to a dominant Stormers squad, going down 27 – 0 in Cape Town.
Several penalties by the Hurricanes stunted momentum and resulted in ball turnover for the South African squad.
That, and an incredible intercept by Herschel Jantjies blew the South African side’s lead out to 19 – 0 in the first 30-minutes.
By half time, the Hurricanes had 7 handling errors to their name compared to the one conceded by the Stormers.
A few changes came about to the backline before play resumed with Vince Aso replacing Jordie Barrett at fullback and Jamie Booth taking over at halfback from TJ Perenara.
The second half also saw a couple of yellow cards served to the Hurricanes, with Billy Proctor being sent to the sin bin in the 47th minute followed by Vaea Fifita 10-minutes later after being cited for a high tackle.
Booth presented a few glowing opportunities for the Hurricanes, but the team was unable to capitalise.
Head coach, Jason Holland told media it’s a disappointing blow to the team.
“Everything we tried to do with accuracy and putting pressure on the Stormers we couldn’t do because of our error rate. We looked rusty today, but we’ve got to be accountable for that and we need to work hard to get rid of those errors.”
Focus now turns to Buenos Aires next week for a hit-out against the Jaguares.
- Join the Hurricanes 2020 membership family and write yourself into the latest chapter at Our House, Sky Stadium by clicking HERE.
- Reserved seating for seven Hurricanes matches played at Sky Stadium
- Adults from $129 Adult + Child $149
- Free access to all home 2020 Hurricanes home playoff matches
- Right To Purchase tickets for 2020 All Blacks matches played in New Zealand
- Exclusive access to member events
- Members Captain’s Run
- Kids Coaching Clinic (Child members only)
- Squad Meet & Greet
- Rugby Analysis Evening