The future is looking exciting for the Hurricanes after the club extended the contracts of young hooker Asafo Aumua and wing Salesi Rayasi.
The pair have committed to the club through until at least the end of the 2021 Investec Super Rugby season.
Aumua burst on to the first class rugby scene in New Zealand in 2017 when he had a sensational Mitre 10 Cup season with the Wellington Lions, a year after he had made his debut for the capital side as well as playing a leading role with the New Zealand Under 20 squad.
That form saw him called up to the All Blacks for their end of year tour when he played against the Barbarians and a France XV.
The 21-year-old made his Hurricanes debut last year and went on to feature in four matches before his season was cut short because of injury.
Meanwhile, Rayasi has signaled his immediate playing future is firmly with the Hurricanes as he works towards making his debut.
The 22-year-old former New Zealand Sevens rep was selected for the 2019 Hurricanes squad off the back of a break out year with Auckland as he helped the side win the national Premiership title.
"Salesi has shown us already through the pre-season that he has the hunger and desire to succeed at this level," Hurricanes head coach John Plumtree said.
"We know what Asafo is capable of and he is really keen to play a key role for the Hurricanes in the coming years."
Hurricanes general manager of rugby Ben Castle said it was important for the club to keep looking ahead to the future and Aumua and Rayasi would play a big part in that.
"They are two young men who we see as being really important over the next three seasons at least and they are as excited as we are," Castle said. "They are both local players who grew up in Wellington and we are always keen to develop our local talent."
- Join the Hurricanes 2019 membership family and write yourself into the latest chapter at Our House, Westpac Stadium by clicking HERE.
- To request a call back or to receive more information on 2019 Hurricanes membership packages click HERE.
- Reserved seating for seven Hurricanes matches played at Westpac Stadium
- Adults from $129 Adult + Child $149
- Free access to all home 2019 Hurricanes home playoff matches
- Right To Purchase tickets for 2019 All Blacks matches played in New Zealand