One of the Hurricanes most influential players will be with the club until at least the end of 2021 after Ardie Savea confirmed he is staying in New Zealand to continue his burgeoning career.
Savea, 25, said he was truly blessed to have signed with New Zealand Rugby for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.
While it was a tough decision to turn down overseas offers, Savea said the chance to continue to play for Wellington, the Hurricanes and All Blacks was an opportunity he could not turn down.
"Thank you to the fans for the on going support. Can't wait to get stuck in to 2019 with my Canes brothers,"
Hurricanes head coach John Plumtree was naturally delighted with Savea's decision.
"While Ardie is only 25 he has played a lot of Super Rugby and is a natural leader within our squad and in our club," he said.
"We've all seen the great form he has been in, especially near the end of the international season, and the discussions I've had with Ardie since he has been back have made it clear he wants to maintain that with the Hurricanes."
Savea made his Hurricanes debut in 2013 after impressing with Wellington in the National Provincial Championship a year earlier. Since then he has gone on to play 75 Super Rugby games, scoring an impressive 17 tries.
He has also played 35 tests for the All Blacks since making his debut against Wales in 2016.
- Join the Hurricanes 2019 membership family and write yourself into the latest chapter at Our House, Westpac Stadium by clicking HERE.
- To request a call back or to receive more information on 2019 Hurricanes membership packages click HERE.
- Reserved seating for seven Hurricanes matches played at Westpac Stadium
- Adults from $129 Adult + Child $149
- Free access to all home 2019 Hurricanes home playoff matches
- Right To Purchase tickets for 2019 All Blacks matches played in New Zealand