For the purposes of sales the currency is shown in New Zealand dollars and is shown including GST of 15% (other fees and charges may be applied by your bank, card issuer or other party).
2020 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Meaning of Terms
1.1.1 'Member' means the person who holds a Hurricanes or Hurricanes and Lions Membership and whose name needs not be recorded on the Membership Card and for the purpose of any entitlements is limited to one person per Membership.
1.1.2 'Membership' means one of the categories referred to in paragraph 1.2.
1.1.3 'Membership Card' means a Ticket that is issued by the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby in respect of a series of matches at Westpac Stadium.
1.1.4 'Membership Card Holder' means a person who uses a Membership Card for entry to Westpac Stadium on the relevant day.
1.1.5 'Person' means and includes an individual and an incorporated body such as by way of example but not limited to, a company and a society.
1.1.6 'Primary Account Holder' means a person:
- who purchases a Membership from the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby; and
- to whom correspondence about the Membership will be addressed; and
- who is recorded by the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby as having the right to exercise specific rights attaching to the Membership (e.g. any right of renewal or priority (if any) granted in respect of that Membership); and who is entitled to entry to Westpac Stadium if the person is the bearer of the Membership Card.
1.1.7 'Secondary Account Holder' means a person who is a Membership Card Holder but who is not a Primary Account Holder in respect of that Membership.
1.1.8 'Stadium' means Westpac Stadium in Wellington.
1.1.9 'Ticket' means the item of proof of payment issued by the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby to a person on conditions to allow a person entry to Westpac Stadium to attend a match hosted, organised or managed by the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby.
1.1.10 'Ticket Holder' means a person who uses a Ticket for entry to Westpac Stadium on the relevant day.
1.1.11 'Wellington Rugby' means WRFU Inc. - in respect of amateur rugby including club rugby; or Wellington Rugby Limited - in respect of all other rugby; and in each case where appropriate includes its agents and contractors.
1.2 Categories of Membership
1.2.1 A Hurricanes ' Membership' means a Membership that admits to Westpac Stadium for:
- 7 Hurricanes round robin games in 2020;
A Hurricanes & Wellington Lions Member means a Membership that admits to Westpac Stadium for:
- 7 Hurricanes round robin games in 2020;
- 5 Wellington Lions Mitre 10 Cup round robin games in 2020
A Hurricanes or Hurricanes & Wellington Lions Member will be granted one 'free ticket' per membership for the following home Investec Super Rugby playoff matches based on their category:
- Platinum Adult - Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final
- Silver Adult – Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final
- Bronze Adult - Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final
- Child Member - Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final
- Bluebridge Family Zone Adult + Child – Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final
- Student – Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final
Joint 2020 Hurricanes and Wellington Lions members will have access to all Wellington Lions round robin games played at Westpac Stadium and will also have access to all Wellington Lions play-off matches played at Westpac Stadium.
Wellington Lions memberships are General Admission. Platinum members can sit in the Platinum General Admission section (Aisles 26 and 27).
- 3 Game and Non Ticketed Memberships are not entitled to free playoff tickets – they will have a Right To Purchase tickets to home playoff matches hosted at Westpac Stadium.
- 3 Game Package Memberships means a purchase that admits to Westpac Stadium to 3 Hurricanes round robin games in 2020 with seating in their chosen category at Westpac Stadium.
1.2.2 Child Members means a Membership that admits children 15 years and under.
2. Key Terms and Conditions
If you select a multiple payment plan, your Membership is not valid if payment is not received in full according to the selected payment plan. You are required to pay the Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby for all bank charges and other costs incurred as a result of any payment being dishonoured. All costs associated with any outstanding payments (including but not limited to debt collection costs, legal costs and any late payment fees) are payable by you. Wellington Rugby or the Hurricanes shall determine in its discretion the closing dates for orders and whether Membership Cards become available.
2.1.2 Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby reserves the right to allocate members different seats to the ones they hold, for All Blacks test matches if for any reason they are required for use by NZRU, Hurricanes or WRFU.
2.2 Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 Subject to compliance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Membership Cards and Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in the discretion of Wellington Rugby.
2.3 Rights of Primary Account Holder, Membership Card Holder and Ticket Holder All Membership Cards and Tickets are issued by Wellington Rugby or the Hurricanes on the strict condition that all Primary Account Holders, Membership Card Holders and Ticket Holders must comply at all times with all of these Terms and Conditions. Subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the Primary Account Holder or Membership Card Holder or Ticket Holder is entitled to entry to Westpac Stadium for the match or matches for whom the Membership Card or Ticket relates.
2.4 Secondary Account Holders Secondary Account Holders may with the written consent of the Primary Account Holder, apply to Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby to have their name recorded on the Membership Card. Having their name recorded on a Membership Card does not make the person a Primary Account Holder unless this occurs by specific instruction of the Primary Account Holder and is permitted by Wellington Rugby. (See paragraph 2.7 headed 'Limited Exception to Prohibition on Transfer of Memberships').
2.5 Limited Exception to Prohibition on Transfer of Memberships Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby will allow Primary Account Holders to authorise the Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby to issue some or all of their Memberships to new Primary Account Holders nominated by them. This is specifically to allow those Primary Account Holders, who have historically purchased several Memberships, to transfer the responsibility and rights in those Memberships to persons who use those Memberships who will then themselves become the Primary Account Holders.
2.6 Limitation of Member Benefits Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby reserves the right to specify where Member benefits are subject to limited capacity. No liability will rest with Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby where a Member benefit is unable to be provided due to capacity being exceeded or lounge being unavailable for any reason. The BNZ Platinum lounge has limited capacity and is on a first come, first served basis. The provision of some Member benefits will be reliant on mutual agreement between Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby and the Primary Account Holder. Both parties must communicate in good faith to establish a suitable time for the provision of such Member benefits.
2.7 Maximum Number of Tickets or Memberships Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby reserves the right to specify a maximum number of Memberships or Tickets that any person may purchase.
2.8 Scalping of Membership Card or Ticket not permitted Membership Cards and Tickets cannot be resold at a premium (scalped) nor used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services without prior written consent of Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby. Subject to the above restrictions, you can sell your Membership Cards or Tickets to another person for its face value (or less) but any purchaser is also bound by these Terms and Conditions. This is not scalping.
2.9 Missing or Damaged Membership Cards and Tickets When advised that the Membership Cards have been damaged, lost or stolen, Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby will cancel those cards. Use of Membership Cards that have been reported as damaged, lost or stolen may result in prosecution. There is a $20 fee for the replacement of each damaged, lost or stolen Membership Card. If a paper ticket for any event has been damaged, lost or stolen, the Ticket Holder may request cancellation of the ticket and issue of a replacement ticket. A fee of $10 will apply for each booking. Tickets may be void and entry refused if the ticket is damaged or defaced in any way or if the Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby reasonably believe that the ticket has been acquired in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
2.10 Privacy Act statement Information about the Primary and Secondary Account Holders of the Membership is gathered and stored by Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby in accordance with the Privacy Act for the administration of the Membership which includes sending electronic messages specific to Membership benefits, offers, promotions or marketing. In addition, purchase of the Membership constitutes authorisation to the Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby to send electronic messages based upon your profile and interests. By providing your email and details you are expressly consenting to receiving recurring news, promotions, marketing, e-newsletters and electronic messages from the Hurricanes / about the Hurricanes, Wellington Lions and New Zealand Rugby. You have the right of access to, and right of correction of your personal information by contacting the Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby. Provision of this information is a condition of purchasing a Membership with Wellington Rugby.
2.11 Changes to Matches Hurricanes / Wellington Rugby reserves the right to vary, substitute, reschedule, or withdraw advertised matches and events and may cancel, interrupt, or stop any match or the event due to safety considerations or circumstances beyond its control.
3. Behaviour and Entry to and Right to Remain in Westpac Stadium
You must comply with the Conditions of the Hurricanes, Wellington Rugby and Westpac Stadium. These include:
3.1 Patron and Bag Searches It is a condition of the sale of every Membership and ticket and of entry to and presence in Westpac Stadium that each Member and Ticket Holder agrees to and permits the search and inspection of any parcel, bag, garment or other item in their possession or worn by them. The purpose of a search is to locate prohibited items, which may be confiscated or may result in refusal of entry or removal from Westpac Stadium until such items are removed. If a person refuses to be searched or refuses to remove prohibited items from Westpac Stadium, such person will not be permitted to enter or remain in Westpac Stadium. Such searches as outlined below may be undertaken by any gatekeeper, ticket seller, usher or other staff member or official of the Hurricanes, Wellington Rugby or Westpac Stadium.
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering Westpac Stadium.
- Searches may also be carried out during an event and when leaving Westpac Stadium.
- Patrons who refuse to participate in searches may be denied entry to Westpac Stadium or may be asked to leave the venue.
- All vehicles entering and leaving Westpac Stadium may be searched.
- Prohibited items will be confiscated.
3.2 Playing Surface
- Patrons are not allowed on Westpac Stadium's playing area before, during or after sports events. Breach of this rule will result in eviction, and issue of trespass notice.
3.3 Patrons may be refused entry to Westpac Stadium if they:
- Appear intoxicated/under the influence of drugs or exhibit disorderly behaviour
- Fail to comply with security or gate staff requests
- Attempt to bring in prohibited items
- Have been previously issued with a trespass notice that still applies
- Are not authorised to be in Westpac Stadium, for example have no valid ticket, Membership Card or accreditation pass
3.4 Patrons will be asked to leave Westpac Stadium if they:
- Use obscene language
- Are verbally or physically abusive, or behave in a disorderly or offensive manner
- Are intoxicated
- Are carrying out unauthorised activities within Westpac Stadium
- Throw items in the air or onto the pitch (including during Mexican waves)
- Fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions
3.5 Restrictions on Patrons bringing food and drink items:
- Plastic water bottles up to 1 litre in size and small amounts of food for personal consumption, such as sandwiches, fruit, chippies, cakes, etc. are permitted.
- The items must be contained in one small bag per Ticket Holder or Member (bag must be soft-sided and fit under your seat)
- Empty plastic water bottles may be filled in Westpac Stadium from water outlets located at Aisles 2, 6, 9, 11, 23, 25, 28 & 32. The one litre size restriction applies.
3.6 Patrons may not bring into Westpac Stadium:
- Alcohol or any beverages other than water
- Thermos flasks
- Glass bottles or cans
- Hot food
- Commercially produced takeaway foods such as McDonalds, KFC, Subway, pizza etc.
- Chilly bins, picnic baskets or large bags
- Illicit drugs
- Sound amplifiers including loud hailers
- Musical instruments
- Recording devices for commercial purposes
- Prams, strollers, pushchairs (There are limited storage facilities for these items at the entrance. However Westpac Stadium takes no responsibility for loss or theft).
- Dogs or other pets (guide dogs are permitted)
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles
- Chairs of any kind
- Flag poles of more than one metre in length
- Signs or banners that are obscene, offensive or abusive
- Any other item that Westpac Stadium management determines may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person
- There is no smoking in Westpac Stadium bowl area
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas: The area between the turnstiles and the main doors to the concourse; the emergency exit spiral ramp at the northern end of Westpac Stadium (between aisle 34 and 35)
- For the safety and security of patrons, surveillance cameras are in use throughout Westpac Stadium
- Patrons must not sit or stand in aisles, or block entry doors or emergency exits.
- Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
- There are no pass outs. At some events, exit turnstiles may operate allowing re-entry with a valid ticket.
- Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency
- Radios, CDs, TVs may be used only with earphones
- Cameras, videos, tape recorders and other recording devices may be prohibited for certain events
- Umbrellas may not be raised in the seating bowl.
- Patrons bring personal items into Westpac Stadium at their own risk. The venue will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Advertising promotions and product giveaways etc. are not permitted on Westpac Stadium property (this includes the walkway leading to the Stadium), unless expressly authorised by Westpac Stadium Trust in writing. Any unauthorised product giveaways may be confiscated.
- No alcohol is to be removed from Westpac Stadium.
- You may be photographed or video tapped in the stadium. The Hurricanes and WRFU reserves the right to use these photos or video for marketing purposes without your consent.
3.9 Courtesy to Other Persons
Your Membership or ticket can be revoked by the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby for what it considers to be abusive, dangerous, intoxicated or inappropriate behaviour by the Member, Ticket Holder or seat occupant. All Members and Ticket Holders are required to act in a manner, which is not discourteous to other persons in Westpac Stadium. Persons expect to attend the relevant match without undue interruption or interference such as from abuse or harassment from others, unreasonable impairment of their sight lines or being subjected to thrown objects, liquids or substances.
3.10 Process to Address Discourteous Behaviour
If you are the subject of discourteous behaviour at Westpac Stadium, you can address the matter. Our ticketing system allows us to identify the purchaser of the ticket for each seat. Therefore, you should record the seat number of the person who in your opinion is responsible for the discourteous behaviour and then record the details and then notify the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby at the address set out in the contact section of these Terms and Conditions.
On the match day you can refer the issue to the information/security personnel located at desks at Aisles 11, 18 and 26 who can talk to the person concerned or involve Westpac Stadium Management or the Police as appropriate. Or text the security helpline on 5454.
Remember we cannot stamp out discourteous behaviour unless you bring the matter to our attention.
3.11 Direction to Leave Westpac Stadium
Failure to comply with a direction to leave Westpac Stadium may render the Ticket Holder or Member liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of Trespass under S. 3 of the Trespass Act 1980. Such offence is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months.
3.12 Recording Equipment and Cameras
Unless otherwise advised by Wellington Rugby you may take a still photography camera into Westpac Stadium and take photographs with it.
You cannot take a video or movie camera and other visual or sound recording devices into Westpac Stadium. All photographs taken within Westpac Stadium before, during or after the event may not be used or reproduced for commercial or financial gain by the Ticket Holder, Member or any other person without written consent of the Hurricanes Wellington Rugby, which may be withheld for any reason whatsoever.
3.13 Withdrawal of Admission
The Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby reserves the right to refuse admission to, or withdraw admission in respect of any Member or Ticket Holder for any reason deemed appropriate by the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby.
3.14 Family and Child Access
The Hurricanes and Wellington Rugby reserves the right to designate parts of Westpac Stadium as a Family Area or other designation. Children aged 4 and under are admitted free if they sit on the parent's lap. Children aged 5 to 15 must have a Child Membership Card or ticket to enter Westpac Stadium.
4. Contact Details and Update of Terms
4.1 Contact Addresses and Phone Numbers
If you have a problem concerning a ticket or a Membership Card, please contact the Hurricanes or Wellington Rugby on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a problem about someone's behaviour at Westpac Stadium, please contact Westpac Stadium.
4.2 Amendment of these Terms and Conditions
The Hurricanes and Wellington Rugby may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by recording changes on its website and such changes then take effect immediately.
5.1 Your membership cards will be processed and sent to your nominated delivery address at time of purchase between December 1 and January 31. Packages purchased after January 31 will be sent out within a fortnight of purchase.